Monday, July 15, 2013

Family Favorite: Salsa Ranch Chicken with Rice

Family Favorite


     I craved spicy Mexican food during both of my pregnancies.  I believe that is the reason why both of my children like spicy foods.  They would eat chips and salsa every day for snack if I let them.
     One day I was trying to figure out dinner using what was around the house and this recipe just happened.  In fact, I keep the ingredients for this meal around the house all the time; so I can throw it together whenever.
     Everyone enjoys it and I never hear a complaint out of the kids when they ask, "What's for dinner?"



Recipe

1 lb. boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite size pieces
1 cup of your favorite red salsa or picante sauce 
1/2 cup Ranch salad dressing
1 can corn or 1 cup frozen corn
2 T olive oil
rice
shredded cheddar 
  • Brown the chicken in the olive oil over medium heat.
  • Add the salsa and corn and simmer over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
  • Stir in the ranch and simmer for 5 more minutes.
  • Serve over rice and garnish with shredded cheese.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment